Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Miniatures lines and Videogames

Privateer Press has recently announced that a Warmachine vidoegame is in the works.

I'm not sure how much of a surprise this is. After Gamebryo used the Warmachine IP for their Lightspeed technical demo, the guys at Privateer Press were already talking about Warmachine and Hordes videogames.

As of right now, I don't know that I'm very excited yet. It doesn't look like they've moved very much in development, so currently, we're looking at a game that is years away. And at this moment, we can't be too certain about what genre the game is. According to the press release:

The new video game will allow players to control various warcasters and their warjack battlegroups as they fight across interactive battlefields from the Warmachine world. The game will provide a rich online experience in addition to a sweeping single-player campaign mode that will follow several key warcasters through the epic saga of the Warmachine universe.
So... is it an action RPG? Is it an RTS? The developer, Whitemoon Dreams, is a blank slate. From what I've heard, I'm expecting something like Dynasty Warriors, but I don't know that that has any foundation. So, I'm keeping my excitement in check until I see more.

On the other hand, I am very much looking forward to the Space Marine action RPG from Relic. Those guys have given us some pretty nice games in the past, and the Warhammer 40,000 universe is a rich setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment